Saturday, January 31, 2009

Star Struck

I've attended a couple of conferences this year with famous keynote speakers, Colin Powell and Dan Rather to be specific. Neither had anything insightful to say but the crowds loved them. Powell focused on how he took orders from his wife. Yawn, I can go home and experience that. I like to ask people how they are enjoying the conference and am amazed how many respond, "oh that Colin Powell (or Dan Rather) was really special." Even from people I knew disagreed with their politics on everything. What are they thinking? Where is the justice? I spoke at the same conference as Rather. I made a bunch of insightful points ... and the audience rated Rather above me. Go figure. I need smarter audiences. ... or maybe I'll work on some impressions. Audiences always love good impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment