Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Dump

Last weekend was phase 1 of clean out the barn. We managed to fill the horse trailer with nearly a ton of treasures like tires, paint, tar, deflated lake toys and much, much more. Actually, we put the really good stuff out at the road. It's amazing that a broken paint sprayer, power washer, multiple coolers, wheelbarrow, propane light, etc. were all gone within a few hours. It's great to help the neighbors. ... But I can't believe I live next to people that want that stuff. I feel better that they are at least 1/4 mile away.

This weekend we hitched up the trailer and headed for the dump about 15 miles away. It was huge. Thousands of seagulls feeding off the trash. I have no idea where the sea is from whence they came. I learned that a teenager, as in grandson Jeffrey, will work harder and faster in direct proportion to how bad it smells. He moved with real purpose like I have never seen. You can teach an old dog ... stay tuned for phase 2, moving barn walls and another trip to the dump.

No comments:

Post a Comment