Friday, February 13, 2009

Writers Block

I'm having trouble finding something to expound upon. It's not for lack of topics. Interesting observations of the last couple of days include:
  • From watching the TV show Numb3ers, I learned a person is 3 times more likely to die in a car accident driving to purchase a lottery ticket than of winning the lottery. Sort of takes the fun out of thinking about what you might do with the winnings.
  • UPS delivered a new wooden box for keeping recipe cards in. Shirley already has 2 double rowed wooden boxes for 3X5 recipe cards. When questioned, Shirley looked at me dumbfoundedly and explained that the new box holds 4X6 cards. I guess it leaves more room for the cobwebs.
  • Congressman Barney Frank, when interviewing the CEOs of the banks that got TARP money, said, "Here's this problem: People really hate you, and they're starting to hate us because we're hanging out with you.” I would think Congress would be happy that we hate someone more than them.

I've got to go and try to think of something to write about.

1 comment: