Monday, February 2, 2009

TV, PC, Internet, Tivo .... and the iPhone

The iPhone has joined the list of technologies that have changed my life. I’m not sure why it is called a phone. A body appendage like hand or arm might be more appropriate. I never need to be bored at an airport, in a waiting room, waiting for a movie to start or a meal to be delivered. Applications I use include:

· YouTube
· Stocks
· Weather
· Google News
· Google
· Maps with GPS
· Google Earth for street views
· FlightTracker (all airlines) and AA.com
· UrbanSpoon for nearby restaurants
· Public Radio for NPR and BBC
· QuickVoice to record ideas
· Flixster for reviews and local movies
· ESPN
· RSS feeds
· USA Today crosswords
· Sudoku
· WhosHere for people near you
· Shazam to ID music
· Games Tangram Pro, Marple and Enigmo
· Camera and photos
· and about 10 others I haven’t had time to use

Excuse me, sweetheart what was that you said?

No comments:

Post a Comment