Wednesday, March 25, 2009

StuffWhitePeopleLike

My friend Lea suggested the above named blog to me. On one hand she thought it was my kind of humor but on the other hoped I wouldn't take offense. She is really perceptive by being right on both accounts. It is really funny (if you have my sick sense of humor) and is dangerously close to describing me. He blogs about white people having one moleskin notebook and has an exact picture of one I carry in my briefcase. He suggests it is a place for us white people to keep our creative ideas but that in reality we have none. For me, it is just for show when I'm out of town. (I use the $1 ones in town.)

His previous blog was on tattoos and reflected a mirror image of my thoughts. Tattoos conjure up images, “all of … things that white people do not like, except for sailors.” … “A white person getting a tattoo is a major step in their life as it presupposes that their taste at this given moment is good enough to sustain them for the rest of their lives” which means it has to be funny, ironic or self-deprecating. “A white person with the right kind of tattoo is generally very popular within the white community … If you find yourself competing socially with one of these people, there are a few things you can do in order to defeat them. Your saving grace is the fact that white people not only enjoy getting funny/ironic tattoos, but they really enjoy talking about them too! Therefore, it is essential that you already have 2-3 clever tattoo ideas ready to drop into a conversation.” Now that’s a good tip we can all use.

Thanks Lea. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment