Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Get out of my damn chair!

You may recall that I blogged the saga about getting two new chairs for the game table. Shirley, in her design excellence, placed the new, more comfortable chairs in my and Jill's positions. Eric was gone this weekend so Shirley subbed, but rather than partner with Tylir, she was my partner. I swapped positions with Tylir, wanting to be the good host. I didn't realize that Tylir, having spent so much time in that chair, had totally jinxed it. I had never seen such bad cards. Tylir had never seen such good cards, so good even he couldn't screw them up. (Too bad Eric wasn't there to witness it.)

Sunday morning, time for some three handed dirty clubs, Tylir rushes upstairs and takes my chair. ... and the cards he gets are still unbelievable. Fortunately, Eric will be back the next time we play. He is big enough to get Tylir out of my chair, I'm just not sure what it will cost me ... or if Tylir has spent enough time in it to totally jinx it as well. Sometimes you don't realize how good life is until it changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment