Saturday, March 21, 2009

Babies ... When did they become fun?

My dad once told me that he preferred kids once they were around the age of two ... talking, laughing and running. Before that they cry a lot, spit up a lot plus other body emanations and when they are not doing one of these, sleeping. ... and if you are not quiet, the cycle starts again. Experience through most of my life confirmed his findings. Questions of the theory started to arise about the time Landry was born. More contrary information with Audrey, but it was more difficult to get quality data because she was in her mother's arms at all times. Then came Hayden and the theory was totally disproved. She rarely sleeps, never spits up (unless you count her blowing out her vibrating lips with food in her mouth) and she smiles and laughs all the time. Few things can make you instantly feel better than when she points at you and smiles wide. Wow. I guess I really like babies. Don't let my children know.

No comments:

Post a Comment