Monday, March 16, 2009

Hail Mary ... and I thought it was a long pass

We all know that times are tough ... but not necessarily for all. Businesses that are having great years include McDonald's, liquor and guns, with gun sales setting new highs. McDonald's is hard to figure. Losing money in the stock market just doesn't say "go eat a Big Mac" to me. I might be more interested if shares of citi are added to the dollar menu as suggested on SNL.

Now liquor I understand. I'm under all this stress and Mary is coming to visit Shirley. It is incredible how a visitor can impact the to-do list, my to-do list. I was hoping that Shirley would learn from her recent visit to see Michael. Mike's to-do list wasn't actionable before she arrived but rather once she got there ... and of course it was her to-do list. Mike's way of letting her feel she's needed. Unfortunately, the lessen was lost on her.

My ever expanding to-do list includes spring planting (and rock moving), weeks before you really need to. ... and who knows, maybe spring won't come his year. She even had me repair the towel holder that Jill and Tylir ripped out of the wall. And blow out the garage when we have a barn to tear down. Yep, I could use a drink. ... and maybe one of those guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment