Sunday, May 31, 2009

My those tractor starters are expensive

I left you last when the %&X#%& starter had frozen up on the farm tractor. No problem. I'll just call Carl, the mechanic that has done house visits for me for the past 15 years. What do you mean he moved because the city invoked eminent domain forcing him to sell his home? How far away did he have to go? He doesn’t do house calls in Van Alstyne anymore? Uh oh. No problem, I can do this. Local talent (Tim) got the starter off. I just had to find the replacement and there was a phone number on the starter. It worked! … and Tim got it back on the tractor. It started right up. Uh oh. Smoke was coming from the front, center of the engine. Something about a bad bearing that could throw a rod. Not wanting the tractor to become a permanent piece of yard art, it looked like I had two options. Buy a new tractor or sell the farm. I (Shirley) decided on a new tractor when it became apparent the rest of the family would not join me in a relo. … and I just thought the &%#X$& starter had only ruined a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment