Friday, May 22, 2009

Sleepover at Hayden's

With an early meeting in downtown Dallas on Thursday, Hayden invited me to spend the night Wednesday. She was her normal cheerful, engaging self. So much so I need to apologize to Mama Jill. I know from recent experience that when visitors are coming it involves days of preparation. There is the hired help to wash the windows and clean the house, the construction of new planting beds and fresh cut flowers for all the rooms. Hayden stole my attention and I didn’t even notice. Sorry.

She went to bed once 8:30 rolled around … and the single malt scotch and the cards came out. Things were looking real bad. Tylir won the 1st two games in a first to win four match and he was already starting to do his jig (not unlike the Elaine Benes dance if you’re a Seinfeld fan). Jill and I each managed to win a couple but then Tylir netted his third … and the jig again … and he gets a bit cocky. Too soon and too bad sucker, I won the next two games, did my own geriatric jig and went to bed for a very peaceful night’s sleep. … A nice time on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment