Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Judge Judy

One January 8th many, many years ago, it wasn't until nearly the end of the day that I realized it was Shirley's birthday. She accused me of forgetting this very important day. I explained that I would never forget her birthday, but what I forgot was that it was January 8th. I was reminded and punished for my forgetfulness for years to come.

Today's events had me looking back on it fondly. Shirley was on her every Wednesday 9:00 - 10:00 call with Mary, when interrupted by a call from Mary's daughter Tarah. Tarah said she knew it was the Shirley call day but that she thought it wasn't until 10:00. Later, the call again is interrupted by another incoming, this time from Mary's daughter Lindsey. Lindsey said she knew it was the Shirley call day but that she thought it was at 8:00. The call resumed when Shirley gets a call from Debbie. Debbie knew that the Mary call was always Wednesday at 9:00 ... but she didn't know that today was Wednesday. Somehow, I do feel finally vindicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment