Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trinity River Project

The Trinity River Project will give Dallas some personality. Dallas does have a nice skyline, a great developing arts district and good food ... but nothing that makes you go WOW. WOW cities to me are San Francisco, Vegas and New Orleans. I think the lakes, wetlands and parks that will border Dallas on the west and the south will add the WOW effect, making Dallas a high demand destination. Living and working downtown will become much more attractive. The only probable negative will be the toll road bordering the east side of the river. I think we would have been better off with further Dart expansion. Dart fits the evolving character of Dallas much better than another toll road, but that is water over the dam and down the river, the Trinity that is. Voters approved the project about 10 years ago and I don't think it is shovel ready yet. I only hope I live to see it completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment