Friday, July 31, 2009

Survival of the fittest

With Shirley being laid up, I'm taking on a number of new responsibilities beyond responding to her beck and call (a duty she really likes to test, by the way.) They include groceries, laundry and feed the dogs to name a few. However, some new rules apply as these tasks fall under my purview. i.e. if I do it, it gets done my way. She was commenting last night that a couple of the plants had died and that I needed to take my watering responsibilities more seriously. I explained to her that it was the plants that needed to adjust. I water indoor plants once a week whether they need it or not. Plants that can't abide with those ground rules need to find a new home (or die). It is survival of the fittest around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment