Sunday, July 19, 2009

Death, it ought to be a right.

I’ve spent a lot of time lately in a rehab center (broken bones). Most of the patients are very old. I look at some of them bent over their food tray and just sitting there. Not eating, not moving. I wonder how long they have been there. I wonder if they appreciate life. Personally, I’d rather be dead. I think I should have that right. I think everyone should have the right to live and also the right to die. If you enjoy sitting there looking at food, more power to you and you have that right. If your religion says you have to hang in there, that’s fine too. But for those of us that would rather be dead, let us die in a respectable manner. Don’t burden me with whatever your beliefs are. Death, it ought to be a right.

No comments:

Post a Comment