Sunday, December 27, 2009

Down with Up

I’m not an animated film fan. Movie critics seem to universally love them, giving nearly everyone a top tier rating. I’m not sure why, I know I don’t get it. That known, Shirley decided to buy the animated movie “Up”. Then she and Michael insisted that I watch it with them. Once again, I’m not sure why, I know I don’t get it. Perhaps it was because the hero was a crotchety old geezer. We did have in common that we don’t like to leave the house, though he had the unique capability to take it with him on his worldly adventures. I don’t think the helium balloons are a practical solution for me. That leaves airplane travel and I think I’ll stay home. Especially now with the heightened security and the one carry-on rule.

Shirley could relate to the geezer’s four footed cane. I don’t think that endeared her to the movie though. She did claim she heard me laugh several times. But that could also be said of Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds” which was the worst movie I’ve seen in a long time. It should have been animated. Couldn’t hurt and I would have known not to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment